Monday, June 12, 2017

A very late Mother's day Post.

I know it's June now, however, it's still not too late to dedicate a post to my own mother right?

We had our Mother's day dinner at Gaya Street Tian Tian Fan Dian Restaurant.
The food was not bad, but the service was a bit slow.

Sesame Chicken

Seafood Toufu

Deep Fried Prawns

Fish with garlic and spring onions

Yam Ring

Sea cucumber soup


Enough with the food pictures. Let's get straight to the dedication part.

All I can say about my mother is 2 words: Wonder Woman.
In chinese we have a saying, 白手起家 which meant that a person builds something out of nothing.

My mother did everything by herself ever since she finished form 5.
Found a decent job, helped with her family back then when she is still single, among her 5 siblings, I can say that she's the most capable one. In popo's house, all the furniture, tv, refrigerator, household product. Yes, she bought all of it with her own hard earn menial salary at that time. She even helped my gong gong and popo to jaga gerai at the pasar. My mother is a very independent woman.

Then she met my dad, got married, bought a car, bought a house, then bought another car.
She did all these by herself. She's the decision maker of the house. She's the only one among her 5 siblings who can afford to 摆酒 in a fancy restaurant during her wedding.

She's been through a lot, only us and God know.
She was sick a few years ago, then popo got sick and passed away, at the same time also taking care of me. It was a roller coaster.

She may complaints every now and then, but she chooses not to dwell in life's bitterness and moved on. If there's one thing I could learn from her is her resilience towards life.

She might not be highly educated, her English may not be as good as mine, but she's a very brilliant woman. She manages everything, pays the bills, buys groceries, cooks every meal, sends us to schools. She did all by herself as if she's a single mother.

She's a driver/chef/butler/teacher/house-maid/care-taker/breadwinner/provider.

She's a woman of steel.

Dealing with my sickness is another whole new challenging chapter for her. My unstable emotions have caused much trouble. But that didn't make her give up on me even when I wanted to give up on myself. It wasn't easy for both of us. We have come a long way to this day. She has seen how much I've improved since 6 years ago.

All I wanted to say to her is Thank you mum for always supporting me no matter what decision I have made, whether it's right or wrong. Sometimes the wrong ones taught me a lesson like never ever trust those scammers who hide behind the name of so-called coaches. Once they accepted the money, they won't even bother to answer your questions. Because you have to pay extra bucks for it.

Thank you mum for always putting up with me, there are things I still haven't learned to fully control like my emotions. I pray that God will bless you with healthy body and mind, peace, joy and wisdom to continue to take care of this family.


Did I mention she's a left-hander? 

No comments: