Wednesday, March 16, 2016

It's a scam.

About 2 weeks ago, I tried to sell my wrong sized ladies sandals on Mudah.my. I wrote there payment method is through online banking.

2days later, a foreign number sms me saying that she's interested in buying the shoes. But she wanted me to reply her ONLY via email. I thought wow this is kinda fast, so I replied her.

She claimed herself as Halina Rosa from Wales, and wanted to buy the shoes for her relative in Malaysia. My mum said she sounded suspicious when she heard about it. But I still proceed without thinking much since she promised to pay first before I ship my shoes to her relative.

So I gave her my account number. And the next moment, I got an email claiming itself as First Direct bank. It stated that the buyer had banked in an amount of money, and the amount of money is not as I stated before. It showed me the receipt. I googled, the bank existed. But the email content look very suspicious. It had animating words, it got a huge smiley face, it used different colour, different font, got grammar problem some more.

In 2nd email, it stated that I must ship the shoes first, and give the bank the shipment tracking number, and I must ship the shoes within 24 hours, or else I will face the consequences. It mentioned FBI there. The whole thing sounds very absurd. Why the need to involve FBI?

Then I receive an email from the buyer. She said that I should have received the receipt by now. And she gave me the name of her relative and address.

Guess what, her relative is a guy.
Why would a guy buy a ladies sandals???!!!
OK, never mind that.
The address is pusat bekalan air Johor. This whole thing is getting more and more ridiculous.

And then suddenly, it hit me in the head, THIS IS A SCAM!

Then I checked the email, it's a fake email.

WARNING : firstdirectbanks@zoho.com   


this email is not from First Direct bank. If you receive it, ignore it at once or report it to First Direct Bank. 

and don't reply to this number +4494817260 and +4433451813

and this email halinarosa01@hotmail.com


Without further ado, I told my mum to withdraw the balance in my account. Cause the buyer got my name, hp number, email and my account number, they can do whatever they want. Thank God we got to cash out our money before it's too late. Until now, I didn't reply the person, and she didn't reply me to inquire about her shoes. So it's proven that this whole thing is a fraud.

So I wanna remind all of you out there, if you really wanna sell things, make sure don't make your number public, and it's safer via cash upon delivery. If you must ship your item, make sure you get the money first.

34 comments:

Lee Pei Wen said...

I received the same email too. In the email it was stated almost the same except for the goods. The address that I was given is the same. But the phone number I received is +44301911239

Winnee said...

See, it's the same modus operandi, make sure your friends and family know about it too. Beware of this type of scam.

Still Standing said...

I know 'she' is a scam., yet i send the parcel anyway.
wtf. im so poor she make me laugh.

Winnee said...

Oh, did "she" reply anything after that?

Rabbito Ent said...

I received the same message from the people and request to email also. Was toying around and he/she also provide the same address. Bekalan air! LOL

Syafira Burhanuddin said...

I received exactly the same message from this halina rosa. Unfortunately i was so excited i didnt notice that this is a scam. i already posted my bag to her so-called relative but when her bank asked me to transfer RM450 via W.U., I know something is not right so google their email address and I found you blog. I was so stupid, shipped the bag without getting my money first. :(

Winnee said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for you Syafira, have to be extra careful next time. Well at least you bought a lesson.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! said...

I just got the message too. Checked it online because it's highly improbable that someone living overseas buying stuff through mudah.my rite? Thank god I found your blog. Btw, I wonder how many items Bekalan Air Johor received already. Hehehehe.

Winnee said...

Glad that you checked. Not sure whether the address is real. If it is, then probably hundreds of goods are being sent there.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing !

Winnee said...

Welcome =) These things must be shared.

nur atiqah mohamad juri said...

I just got the email that the payment have been made. Then, i realized something, is it scammer? I google their address and i found your blog. So, what should i do now? Do I need to withdraw all my money since they have my account number, hp number and my full name. :'(

Winnee said...

It's best to do so, you'll never know what they will do. Clear all your browser history, cache, change new password. It's never too late to take precaution steps.

neena alhaddad said...

sy pun kena macam awk syafira. dia suruh masukkan 450 untuk cukupkan 100%. sy sense something tak kena. terus buat report polis. kita kene tukar acc number bank ke? kot la dia dah dpt number boleh buat mcm2. im so scared!

neena alhaddad said...

email of scammer that ive been scammed is asyrafbingani@hotmail.com
just google and you will read about how they tricked us. nowadays this kind of scammer is such of popular syndicate. be extra careful.

neena alhaddad said...

thankyou in advance! luckily i google and saw your blog.

Winnee said...

Google every information before you make any steps. Thank God I did that too. Glad to help all the sellers out there. You can't trust anything on the internet now.

snputriamran said...

Same goes to me. Got email from halina rosa from wales wtf..luckily i googled her name and found your blog.indeed your blog is my life saver. Called bank already but they cant do anything if just know bank acc number. JUST DO NOT GIVE CARD NUMBER TO THEM!

snputriamran said...

Same goes to me. Got email from halina rosa from wales wtf..luckily i googled her name and found your blog.indeed your blog is my life saver. Called bank already but they cant do anything if just know bank acc number. JUST DO NOT GIVE CARD NUMBER TO THEM!

Co Colourz said...

thank you sharing your story , i also got the msg from halinarosa01@hotmail.. then i check through google first before i reply her/he msg and i found your blog ..

dayang dasiza said...

So sad..i also got the same email to..but luckily i don't shipping my items yet.

low ai li said...

I receive the same email as well , now my stock all arrived :( yes luckily I haven ship the item as well

lusciouscakes said...

Same thing happened to me!! Got an email from halina rosa...owh...and same story!! Damnn!! I immediately sensed something is not right when the 'bank' emailed me...and gave warning as well! Should we make a police report??? Thanks everyone for their inputs..

lusciouscakes said...

Same thing happened to me!! Got an email from halina rosa...owh...and same story!! Damnn!! I immediately sensed something is not right when the 'bank' emailed me...and gave warning as well! Should we make a police report??? Thanks everyone for their inputs..

m!ss sm!leyGurl said...

me too.. she already got my name, account number n phone number..? what i need to do now..?

Jihskiddo said...

Omg. Just now I've transfer the maoney to the same account email. Like stupid hell its a scammer . but syukur I will get my money back by this evening after I called western union line. BTW thanks yaa your blog kinda help me today.

Nadiah Abdul Ghapar said...

Huish...Thank you very much for your information. I almost got headache after read your blog. I am nearly been dam by Halinarosa01@hotmail.com. Lucky I am not send yet baju kurungs http://www.mudah.my/vi/45936111.htm I sell it at mudah.com...Huissshhh

Unknown said...

Hi,
Thanks for the sharing. I experienced the same thing, actually at this exact moment. Email from Wahida rada from wales too. Got email from the bank but it is so suspicious. Googled the bank email address, found your blog. Lucky i didn't ship my item..

Lucky88 said...

Hi,
Thanks for the sharing. I experienced the same thing, actually at this exact moment. Email from Wahida rada from wales too. Got email from the bank but it is so suspicious. Googled the bank email address, found your blog. Lucky i didn't ship my item..

SyurgaKain MY said...

wahidaraha1965@hotmail.com is still active. She will using first.directbank@zoho.com. Please be careful with that email address.

Safya Yusuf said...

I experienced the same thing..but I habe post the parcel first😑..but the name is Noramylia Mohd from Ireland and her relative in Malacca...I Google bout the email and found your blog..

Nursafarina Jaafar said...

Haaaa...i just facing the same case as you are Ms Safya..Thank goodness i didnt courier any parcel..Stress when found that the scammer was now using new name Noramylia Mohd "Hello,i'm purchasing this item for my Relative who lives in Selangor,i live in Ireland,I would like the item to be sent via Poslaju or Pos Malaysia...." bla bla bla ...then say now the relative stay in Bangi pulak. Thank to Allah, that i found this blog. Thank u very much for the info....Already call the bank and they said since we didnt click any link or gave any credit card / debit card number..we are in safe zone. But if you do give, better u call the bank immediately to cancel the card.

Winnee said...

Be careful when selling things online guys especially if it sounds fishy. Mudah is basically their hunting ground.

Munirah Kadir said...

thank god i found your blog.But now they have changed their name too Noramylia Mohd from Ireland and her relatives stayed in Bangi.Since I still do not send the items,so should I change all my card no.Please help me